On Sale Now! Save 2% on the Opinel No 08 Studio Black Stainless Steel Folding Everyday Carry Locking Pocket Knife with Oak Wood Handle by Opinel at Reclaimed Wood Blog. MPN: O002172. Hurry! Limited time offer. Offer valid only while supplies last. Our classic folding knife is a design icon. Simple and beautiful, sharp and durable, the No. 8 is an international bestseller. Tuck it into your pocket for a picnic. Keep it in your desk for workday lunches. Carve into charcuterie, cheese, or a crisp apple, or whittle a stick for campfire s'mores. With an easy-to-maintain stainless steel blade, this knife is ready for wherever your adventures might take you. Opinel knives are designed to stand the test of time; some carry Opinel knives handed do
Product Description & Reviews
Our classic folding knife is a design icon. Simple and beautiful, sharp and durable, the No. 8 is an international bestseller. Tuck it into your pocket for a picnic. Keep it in your desk for workday lunches. Carve into charcuterie, cheese, or a crisp apple, or whittle a stick for campfire s'mores. With an easy-to-maintain stainless steel blade, this knife is ready for wherever your adventures might take you. Opinel knives are designed to stand the test of time; some carry Opinel knives handed down from parents and grandparents. Follow a few simple instructions to ensure your knife lasts for years to come. You should... Hand-wash after each use Wipe the blade dry Store in a dry place and keep out of damp conditions Expect the wooden handle to swell or contract slightly with use; wood is a living material that can be affected by humidity and atmospheric conditions. If your blade feels stuck, use the "Opinel knock" - rapping the end of the knife on a hard surface - to loosen the blade slightly Grease the metal parts, including the Virobloc locking mechanism, on a regular basis Use a whetstone or other fine-grain natural stone to sharpen your blade. Make sure the blade is dry and clean, and hold the sharpening stone at an approximately 20-degree angle from the blade while sharpening You should NOT... Put your knife in the dishwasher Use bleach or chlorine to clean your knife Leave your knife in wet or damp conditions for extended periods of time Product Specifications: Blade length: 8.5 cm/3.35 inches Materials: Stainless steel blade, oak handle Versatile in its use, classic in its design and construction, the Opinel No. 8 has been carried - and appreciated - by generations. A classic pocket knife designed to stand the test of time.
Features & Highlights
- Simple, sturdy, efficient and easy to use, this essential tool remains unchanged since 1890 but is unmatched in its design. Raw material and colors may vary from one collection to another, but its style remains deeply steeped in history and tradition. This timeless knife is for people who enjoy the outdoors, and is a must-have tool for professional or amateur handymen. It is used everywhere from the garden to the table, a knife that is given as a gift and passed down to loved ones.
- Opinel's stainless steel blades are made of Sandvik 12C27 modified stainless steel. It is anti-corrosive thanks to the addition of chromium and requires no special maintenance. Its carbon content of at least 0.40% provides an excellent cutting edge. Each blade is stamped with the "Crowned Hand" mark. In 1909, Joseph Opinel chose the Crowned Hand emblem for his knives as a symbol to represent the origin and quality of Opinel knives.
- Thanks to its high tannin content, the oak wood handle is extremely resistant to insects and fungi. It has a yellow-brown appearance, with regular veining. To prevent a negative impact on the environment (pollution from transport, deforestation ...), 95% of the wood for handles comes from sustainably managed French forests.
- Invented by Marcel Opinel in 1955, the Virobloc safety ring is fitted to all folding knives as of the No 06. Cut out of stainless steel, the Virobloc has two sections, one fixed and one sliding. In addition to locking the blade open (safety in use), it is now possible to lock the blade closed (safety in transport)
- Opinel products are guaranteed under normal use and exchanged in case of manufacturing defects. Damage due to normal wear and tear or improper use are not covered by the warranty.
Folding Hunting Knives
Studio Black Stainless Steel Blade/Oak Handle
N 08 - 3.35 in (8.5 cm) Blade
Tools & Home Improvement
0 x 0 x 0 inches
9.69 x 1.34 x 14.33 inches
Have questions about this item (O002172), or would like to inquire about a custom or bulk order?
If you have any questions about this product by Opinel, contact us by completing and submitting the form below. If you are looking for a specif part number, please include it with your message.
mpn: 1625, ean: 3123840016257,
The Opinel folding knife was born in the Savoie region of France in 1890 and has become a Universal object due to its wide use and popularity throughout the world. A genuine trigger of memories, it is recognized as one of the best knives in the world...
mpn: OP01352, ean: 3123840013522,
Closed: 4.25''; Blade: 3.25'' l Stainless l Standard Edge l Mirror Polish Finish; Handle: Black l Wood; Other Info: Safety ring for locking the blade. Gift boxed. Boxed.Crafted from the highest quality materials. Built for performance and durability....
mpn: 1399, ean: 3123840013997,
Closed: 4. 375''; Blade: 3. 25'' l Sandvik 12C27 Stainless l Standard Edge l Mirror Polish Finish; Other Info: Intricate ''sinusoidal'' marqueterie design wood handle. Each handle is unique. Safety ring for locking the blade. Velvet slip pouch. Desig...
mpn: TF104-CP, ean: 0782386302168,
Try the Trident Elite once and you’ll never carry that other brand’s blade again. That’s our challenge to you. Give it a push on either Thumbstud and the 3.7” blade jumps from the handle as if coiled and ready to strike. That’s thanks to SO...